1. Download the latest version IDM from here and install it.
2. Navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" on your computer.
3. In the "etc" folder you will find a file with name "hosts"
4. Now right click on the Hosts file and choose "properties" and Navigate to "security" tab on the property window.
5. Now click on "Advanced" and Navigate to "owner" tab on the Advanced Security Option.
6. Click on "edit".
7. A new window will be opened. There you will find a table asking for "change Owner to". Now change there to your local user on which you logged on.(e.g. USER-PC or anything on your system. Not the Administrator user)
8. Below that you will find an check box "replace owner on sub containers and objects".
9. Just tick the check box.
10. Now apply all the modified setting. During apply the changes it will show an message "You dont have the permission to read the file or the contents of the directory. Do you want to change the permission of the file or folder to full control. All permission will be replaced if you press ok". Just Ignore the message and press OK.
11. Now again Right click of mouse onthe "Hosts" file and choose "properties" then Navigate to "security" tab.
12. Now click On "Edit" on the "Group or User Names" section.
13. A new window for permission will be opened.In the permission window choose the logged or local user and in the "Permission For User" tab tick on "Full Control".
14. Now apply those changes. And click on "ok"
15. Now open the "Hosts" file with notepad and Copy the below bold letters and paste it in the hosts file.
16. Now save the hosts file.
Without taking the ownership, we will not be able to modify the hosts file.